2021-22 Interview Schedule
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022
*Dates are subject to change. Posted dates are reserved for program overviews as well as resident and faculty interactions. All interviews will be conducted virtually and may be held asynchronously from the dates posted above.
The Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program at Virginia Commonwealth University only accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The Program also participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP); residents are not selected outside of the Match.
Your application materials should include:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter
- USMLE Scores (Step I with application; Step II when available)
- Three to four letters of recommendation, one from the chair of internal medicine (required) and two to three letters from clinicians familiar with your work and/or accomplishments, preferably from IM or Pediatric faculty members
The deadline for submitting all materials is December 15.
- Current medical students must be in good academic standing and expected to graduate in 2022
- All applicants must be within 4 years of graduation from an LCME accredited medical school or direct patient care activity (either as an independent practitioner or as a trainee)
- Candidates must have passed USMLE Step I; there is no minimum score requirement
- Completion of a sub-internship/acting internship in either medicine or pediatrics; this does not need to be completed before you apply
- International applicants must have an ECFMG Certificate in addition to three months of direct clinical experience in a U.S. hospital. Observerships and non-clinical graduate work such as research are not accepted. VCU only sponsors J-1 visas.
Interview offers will be extended based on a holistic review of the entire application packet.
For questions regarding applications, interviews, or our program, contact the residency office at (804) 828-6685 or email email@example.com.
Richmond is the perfect place to work and live. We are a mid-sized river city with a big feel and lots of heart. Rich in history, culture, and charm, the city is brimming with foodie destinations, social hotspots and breweries galore, art, festivals, concerts, museums, sports activities and events, outdoor adventures, and so much more. RVA is centrally located between Washington, D.C. to the north, Virginia Beach to the east, and the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west. Check out all the faboulous things our city and the beautiful state of Virginia have to offer, and chose to make RVA and VCU your new home during residency (and possibly beyond).
Get inspired about Virginia: https://www.virginia.org/
All things Richmond. Enjoy virtual experiences within Richmond, VA: https://www.visitrichmondva.com/
Welcome to Downtown Richmond: Explore, Live, Work: https://venturerichmond.com/
Greater Richmond Partnership - Industries in VA, Living in RVA: https://www.grpva.com/
What to Eat, Drink, See, and Do in RVA - Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/therichmondexperience/
10 Best Things to Do in Richmond: https://www.tripstodiscover.com/best-things-to-do-in-richmond-virginia/