2017-18 Interview Schedule
- Monday, October 23, 2017
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Friday, December 1, 2017
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Friday, January 5, 2018
*Dates are subject to change.
The Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program at Virginia Commonwealth University only accepts applicants through the Electronic Residency Application Service. The deadline for submitting all materials is November 30 each year.
To be ranked in our program, three letters of recommendation are required:
- One letter from the chair of internal medicine (required)
- One letter from the chair of pediatrics (preferred)
- One or two letters from clinicians familiar with your accomplishments (preferred)
All applicants must have graduated from an accredited medical school and passed Steps I and II of the USMLE. Application reviews and invitations to interview are processed through ERAS.
For questions regarding applications, interviews, or our program, call the residency office at (804) 828-6685 or email email@example.com.
- International applicants must have an ECFMG Certificate in addition to three months of direct clinical experience in a U.S. hospital. Observerships and non-clinical graduate work such as research are not accepted.
- VCU only sponsors J-1 visas.
- No minimum score is required for USMLE Steps I and II. Interview spots are limited and typically offered to applicants with the highest scores first. Any passing score could qualify you for an interview.
- VCU’s policy is that you must have graduated from medical school within four years of applying to the program, or you must have been doing clinical work in the interim.